Local Theater Company, an AEA professional theater company based in Boulder, Colorado, is seeking a highly organized and detail oriented Company Producer to coordinate theatrical productions, special events, and day-to-day operations for our 2017-2018 season.
Proudly based in Boulder, Colorado, we are a non-for-profit theater company specializing in original works of exceptional quality. We engage audiences through innovative performances that spark camaraderie, learning, and contemplation, and provide a resourceful environment for theater artists to take creative risks, and develop their work. Our season includes 2 productions a year as well as Local Lab, a weekend-long new works festival. We employ Equity and non-Equity performers.
About the Position
Company Producer works together with and reports to Managing Director. In addition, CP will work alongside Artistic Director, Production Manager and Stage Management in order to maintain the standards and artistic quality of Local Theater Company. This is a demanding position that requires a driven and passionate professional with razor sharp focus and attention to detail. A sense of humor is welcome!
The first two months or so would be spent learning from the previous Company Producer on how to work within our organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Organizing, attending and delegating tasks in the weekly staff meeting;
- Producing all full productions including overseeing budget and staff hiring;
- Serving as a primary liaison in attending to all needs and requirements of visiting artists;
- Serving as a primary liaison with schools and organizations for our Educational program;
- Overseeing interns and their projects for the company;
- Assisting the General Management team with contracts and ticket requests as needed;
- Assist with artistic casting;
- Assisting the Marketing Team with press events and advertisement in town;
- Delegating roles to volunteers for each production or event;
- Attending to day-to-day travel, housing, transportation arrangements and hospitality needs ;
- Maintaining management and production files.
- Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, and work independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Positive attitude and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in an ever-evolving environment;
- Willingness to work (theater) odd hours;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets, and Microsoft Word and Excel required;
- Prior Stage Management, Company Management and/or Event Management experience strongly preferred;
- All candidates must have a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing to assume other job responsibilities if called upon to do so.
This is a ¾-time, and requires nights and weekends during productions. Position begins May 2017, and runs through May of 2018. Competitive salary provided based on experience.
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references to the email below. Include “Company Producer Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Local Theater Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sophie Hernando Kofman (Company Manager)
1630 30th Street, Suite A, 171, Boulder, CO, 80301